And now for something completely different! I’ve been meaning to make these for quite some time but it’s one of those things, together with movement trays and the like, that just get postponed indefinitely until they’re suddenly crucial to a certain battle you’re playing. As I’m still at home recovering from surgery, I decided I’d finally sit down (carefully, mind you) and get these out of the way.
These first two chaps are Old Glory models so the sculpts aren’t that great. I just stuck them to a GW 40mm round base and, using milliput, made a sort of pit for a 10mm die to fit in to. The one on the left did get a gruesome wound which sadly doesn’t appear clearly on the picture: I drilled through his body and stuck in a spear. Your average casualty markers.
These are less off a casualty and more of a can’t be arsed, let’s go type of markers. Apart from that, the same things were done to the base, plus some spare swords and shields pressed into or onto the milliput. I’ve got duplicates of these figures which might get painted up in the near future, but not as part of markers.
These last two were very simple; the Norman infantry and cavalry kits by Conquest Games come with these casualties, so they were an obvious choice. As you can see the cavalryman doesn’t fit onto the 40mm base at all, but the good thing is that a 10m die fits between the horse’s legs perfectly – almost as if it were intentional!
One thing I have yet to add to these models is some blood. I’d normally do this with my old GW inks, but I’ve heard GW is bringing out a sort of ‘special effect blood’ paint next month and, if the price is alright (hahah…) I might try it out on these.
As said, there’s more Vikings coming soon, as well as a female ranger. They’ll be commission pieces, and the models I’ve received as payment will also be featured soon enough. Until then!