Back for another little batch of Red Devils! These five chaps were completed early last week but I only got round to photographing them yesterday.
I did a small batch of these to mix things up between all the ashigaru and Rus Princes I’ve been painting recently. Since I need a command section and then another infantry section before adding some toys, I chose to do the former, plus a mortar team. Paintjob is identical to the previous paras, of course.
Coming from an Artizan Design para section, painting these was a bit more of a challenge, mainly due to the models having more kit on their bodies. Nevertheless, I find they mix well – they have different stenguns (wooden stocks on the Warlord Games sculpts, metal stocks on Artizan) but otherwise are very homogenous.
There you go, a quick Para update. I might commence work on the second infantry section this week, but it depends on how my commissions are proceeding; it appears I’ve misplaced my pot of tau light ochre and that’s the skin tone that goes on the Japs right after undercoating. It looks like I’ll have some hobby-me-time this week, and first up are three command models for my Flemish. Until then!