Finally, some time to take photographs! I decided to go ahead and put my new Krauts in front of the camera, and here they are.
I started out with a sizable chunk of my support and HQ models for this project, so obviously an infantry section had to follow. These were great fun to paint; some really deep detail makes my multifarious washes work their magic on them.
I’m still debating how to combine the different models in my collection into a reinforced platoon, but I’m getting there. I’ve received some presents from my girlfriend and my parents, and among them was a Hanomag:
It’s been a while since I’ve built and painted a vehicle, so I was keen to try out some new techniques. Now I don’t own an airbrush nor am I inclined to purchase one, so I had to hand paint on the camouflage. It’s not as great looking as the smooth contours of an airbrushed camo pattern.
Still, I had great fun weathering the model with the GW texture paints and the new typhus corrosion technical paint. One thing I did forget to do is to add decals; I’ve got a Puma coming up as well so I think I’ll leave that until the latter is ready for it.
Et voilà! I have several blog updates in the pipeline – read: a backlog of pictures – but these will have to wait until another day. Stay tuned, dear readers!