I said my Dacian & Sarmatian army was finished, but then I got talking with my very generous friend Eddy about his own Dacians and he simply donated me some of his overstock. Another awesome treat, except for the fact that I have had to reopen the project. Still, it’s been some time since I’ve painted the outlandish colour scheme, so I chose to get to it straight away.
I really haven’t painted that many Wargames Foundry models yet, so I was doubly glad to have another crack at them. These models are a bit smaller than their Warlord Games counterparts, but their poses are a bit more natural. Overall they’re good sculpts with the right amount of detail, and the casting quality on my batch was top notch.
One major departure from the previous paintjobs for the project is that, for these guys, I used an Army Painter barbarian flesh basecoat spray instead of white. One more corner cut that way! I also decided to vary the palette ever so slightly by switching out blue horror for fenrisian grey with a purple wash. Other than that, just the standard fare.
So that’s yet more stuff done and I’m nearing the 800 figure mark for 2014. Capital!