As I just noticed, I typed this full Arab post but forgot to press the submit button. Great thinking there… Anyway, not that there was much to say about these, apart from the fact that this is the first camel I’ve ever painted!
Both of these chaps were attached to their mounts, so I undercoated them white in their entirety. I figured the general could afford to own a white horse, so that came in handy!
One thing I particularly like is how the red headscarf on the camel rider turned out. It’s a succession of bloodletter, seraphim sepia and carroburg crimson over a white undercoat. Really simple and I like the depth it achieved. Overall I find these washes to be the best product GW makes, and I hope they won’t discontinue them anytime soon (they’re rather good at discontinuing useful products).
There’s a unit of heavy Arab cavalry I’ll be doing next for this commission, but they’ll probably be handled next month.